In a recent poll launched on the game’s website, developer DICE asks fans what features they want most from the game’s Commander Mode.
The choices available to players are the following:
- Deploying gunships to support ground troops.
- Directing my team to the most strategic assault locations.
- Launching missiles and other deadly tactical strikes.
- Playing on my tablet – from anywhere I have a connetion!
At the time of writing a total of 1,013 votes have been cast and are divided as such:
- Launching missiles and other deadly tactical strikes (37%, 372 Votes)
- Playing on my tablet – From anywhere I have a connection! (31%, 311 Votes)
- Directing my team to the most strategic assault locations (24%, 243 Votes)
- Deploying gunships to support ground troops (8%, 87 Votes)
The Commander Mode brings many tactical powers to one player who can then activate them whenever his team calls out. The mod was part of Battlefield 2 but was skipped in the third installment. Fans demanded that the mode be brought back but it took some years for DICE to consider bringing it with the new Battlefield 4.
Battlefield 4 is set for release on the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year. The Xbox One version will receive the first DLC – Second Assault as a timed exclusive.
Which options did you tick in DICE’s poll?
Source Battlefield 4 Blog