- Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation HD PS3 Release Date Announced
- Gamescom 2013: European Xbox One Pre-Orders Include FIFA 14
- Future Drivers to Make Xbox One Controllers Compatible With PC
- TGS 2013: Japan Game Awards 2013 Future Division Winners Announced
- Watch Dogs: Kaspersky Labs Working With Devs to Make Hacking More Realistic
More details on the storyline and protagonist for Dragon Age: Inquisition were shared by EA during its Gamescom 2013 press conference yesterday.
“From the very opening moments of Dragon Age: Inquisition, this is a world on the edge,” said executive producer Mark Darrah.
Instead of Hawke, the hero of Dragon Age II, players this time will fill the shoes of the “Inquisitor”, an entirely new identity who will lead an organization tasked with uncovering the one responsible for destroying the Veil and letting the demons enter the fantasy world of Thedas.
“The world has essentially undergone this event where the veil — the thing that keeps the demons out, to put it in simple terms — has torn asunder,” said creative director Mike Laidlaw. “This is the first time we’ve created a main character where you are not only at the head of an organization, you actually seize and control that power directly.”
Dragon Age: Inquisition will release in fall of 2014 for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.