- The Elder Scrolls Online: Bethesda Promises Strong Launch, Guild System Confirmed
- God of War: Ascension – 11 Multiplayer DLC Weapons Unlocked Until July 7
- Ghost Recon Being Turned Into Film Franchise, Michael Bay Involved
- IO Interactive Cuts its Workforce in Half to Focus Only on Hitman
- God of War Announcement Teased by Sony Santa Monica
More details on the storyline and protagonist for Dragon Age: Inquisition were shared by EA during its Gamescom 2013 press conference yesterday.
“From the very opening moments of Dragon Age: Inquisition, this is a world on the edge,” said executive producer Mark Darrah.
Instead of Hawke, the hero of Dragon Age II, players this time will fill the shoes of the “Inquisitor”, an entirely new identity who will lead an organization tasked with uncovering the one responsible for destroying the Veil and letting the demons enter the fantasy world of Thedas.
“The world has essentially undergone this event where the veil — the thing that keeps the demons out, to put it in simple terms — has torn asunder,” said creative director Mike Laidlaw. “This is the first time we’ve created a main character where you are not only at the head of an organization, you actually seize and control that power directly.”
Dragon Age: Inquisition will release in fall of 2014 for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.